
Starting this week, most of my friends are busy packing and buying souvenirs for families and friends as the are going back for hari raya in Msia. Our daily terawih sessions will stop this coming monday too as some has gone back and others will be busy packing. Hu..hu...
Tho they are still lots of my friends who will be celebrating their Eid here, I can't help but feel a little bit down to say goodbye to those going back home! I guess all of us will alwiz connect Hari raya = balik kampung = gathering of families. This will be our second year celebrating Eid in Riyadh. It's not bad actually as there are many open houses and at times you feel like you are in msia except minus your family and close relatives.
Truth is I am relieved that we are not going back to Msia for Eid this year as I cannot imagine hari raya without my dear mom. This will be our first hari raya without her. I cannot imagine raya without eating her main dishes that shecooked for us every year..nasi minyak, rendang, ayam masak ros etc etc...I cannot imagine that we all tak dapat salam tangan our mother pagi raya. I cannot imagine not eating her yummy home made cookies she made for us, in short, I just cannot imagine Hari raya without her presence.
But on the other hand, raya does makes u think about home, about being with families and about all those dishes and kuih raya back home. So feeling a little bit homesick today..and hence I'm posting this in my blog. (I also think its my time of the month, that's why feeling melodramatic again!)
Anyway, being me I will make the best of it coz I want my kids to have a wonderful Hari raya no matter where we are. I already bought some bunga api and pop pop for them (yep, u can buy em here!) and in a few days time I'll start my biskut raya project! Insyallah it will be another great syawal for us and for all of you!


3 comments:
salam
u r welcome in riyadh, eid will be great, me and my family can help hear
saaary@hotmail.com
you are welcomed in Khobar too :)
I dengar Arimi nak buat fishing trip ke sini. Tak ikut?
Elisa, my hubby will be working on frst day of raya (rasa mcm askar lak!) I did hear tat geng sri wangi nak pegi trip there. If by miracle we all sampai al khobar, definitely we all akan serang rumah u, he he...
saary, thk u. Appreciate your hospitality. :-)
Post a Comment