
As usual I alwiz feel a little bit guilty when I have not post anything for a while...off late our life starts at midday so it feels like we only have half day je. Memang malas dah tahap gaban/maksimum kata orang!
Also of late we have not been anywehere that is interesting enuff to shout about in the blog. Most of the time,we are at home (im ok with that actually coz its too hot outside!) We have small gatherings of makan makan and a few shopping spree with ladies friends.
Summer sales is almost over now as most of the shops dah start selling new arrivals. Sale in Riyadh ni boleh tahan and really worth going for. Its not like sales in msia where the sale stuffs are more or less the same stuffs/clothes from the last sale and the discounts are fixed at 10% 20% or 50% on certain items only. Kat sini usually the sale is on the whole store!
As a start, they will put up a sign that says "25% discount on all items". After 2-3 weeks, u see " 50% discount on all items". Then u see further reductions/price slashed to 75% discount! Memang rasa mcm nak beli semua benda! U can see on the price tag, they normally slashed the price like 3x...for example I bought a nice blouse from Banana Republic. Original price was SAR189. Second price was SAR99 and when I bought it it was SAR55. Makes my day!

Just that if u wait longer for the price to go lower, u may not get the size u want. On kids clothes lagi la geram...Mother care, Pumpkin patch, Next, Gap semua sale gile gile...Most clothes are priced at SAR35-50 after discounts. No wonder the arabs here, beli baju pakai trolley. Yep, really, most clothes shops here have trolleys and I have seen a lot of them buying clothes penuh trolley. Too much money to spend I guess!
Tu belum lagi cerita on designer labels. I can't tell much about it coz I dun shop these items :-) But from what I heard, they price after discount memang worth it!
Till then, a few days to go till Ramadan. I am looking forward to it - dah lama perut ni tak rest, asyik makan je. Also good time to focus on Ibadah. Need to search for recipes for kuih muih traditional too for buka puasa...no bazar ramadan here, u want,u cook! Let see if I can overcome my fear of buat kuih traditional yg nampak senang nak buat tapi susah nak jadi...among those in my list, kuih lapis, kuih seri muka and kuih talam. Wish me luck! Till then.....


3 comments:
Noor,
I bet you'll be missing the bazar ramadhan... :-)
Two years back, I was in Emirates during fasting month. Buka puasa memang takde masalah sebab boleh pergi rumah sponsor. Tapi rasa boring jugak asyik makan nasi beriani je. Sesekali tu nak la jugak merasa murtabak, roti jala, nasi ayam hainan, ikan bakar, asma rojak, nasi ambang, nasi tomato, laksa penang, laksa johor, mee rebus, sup tulang...
Best of luck in the making the kuih lapis and seri muka.
Selamat menyambut bulan ramadham al-mubarak.
Dah ada tokey kueh *points to Jeni*, beli aja lah..
Me, I memang kena buat sendiri!! *boo hoooo*
I think once a week, I ahve to convince Taufik to go berbuka kat Malaysian Kitchen lah.
p/s bila nak datang khobar?? cuti raya nak?
p/p/s can you tell me when they start opening up Old Diriyah? I nak plan a trip ambik gambar ke sana.
p/p/p/s you heard the story abt our good friend or not?
OS,
Saja je nak sebut nama nama makanan tu ye!! I look at it positively, hopefully puasa kali ni, bole lose some weight! ha ha!!
Elisa , memang nak sgt datang Al khobar and singgah rumah u..hopefully after raya ni ada le kesempatan.
At this time, I do wish Im staying at Apt Sri wangi, sure dapat byk kuihs! he he...
Yep, heard abt it,I called her when I heard the news. :-(
Post a Comment