Monday, 18 August 2008

123 Booktag

Firstly I'm so excited about this. This is the first time I've been tagged in a blog. Thanks to Fadhil. Secondly I'm curious as a cat to see how it's gonna turn out.

~Start Copy Here~

Instructions:
1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences after the tag chain.
5. Spread this tag to as many people as you can.

Book Tag Chain: 1) Only The Good Stuff, 2) What Simply Works 3) Reflexes 4) A Great Pleasure 5) Color It Green 6) Emila’s Illustrated Blog 7) Just Observations...
8)Nurie 9) You’re next

~End Copy Here~

I chose Daughters of Arabia by Jean Sasson.

Just finished reading it 2 weeks ago. It is actually a sequel of her first book, Princess which is based on a true story of a royal princess in Saudi Arabia. The book is banned here as it exposed the women's lives behind the veil inside the royal family of Saudi Arabia. Here are the three sentences after the fifth sentence.

While in Geneva, Lawand has disgraced her family by becoming involved with several young men. In addition to her sexual involvements, Lawand had become addicted to cocaine. While moving secretly out of her room one evening, Lawand was captured by the head-mistress who called her father in Saudi Arabia,with a demand that he come and collect his wayward child.

Hmmm....intriguing? Go and get the book! By the way, I'm going to tag Swahili

1 comment:

Fadhil Isma said...

Salam Nurie,

Thanks for joining the tag.

Hmm... camne bole dapat baca buku yg ban kat Saudi tu ;-)

The book sounds intriguing. I think I try to read the first book before I start on this sequel.

 
Designed by Lena