
Eleanor Roosevelt.
I am fortunate that along the years I have met a lot of good friends,some friends I have known since my primary and secondary schools. Friendships that are still going on strong with each passing years and across the miles...I have shared a lot of wonderful great moments with these friends and also difficult and sad times.
Therefore I cant help but felt somewhat a bit depressed today when I received a sms from a good friend of mine that she has an early stage of ovarian cancer. She is a strong gal and I'm glad she is doing well despite the fact that she is still recovering from her operation and had to go for another operation in the next two weeks. In addition she also has to undergo chemo therapy. Listening to her just now, laughing and making jokes...I felt her strength and I really respect her for just being her! My prayers are with her and I know she will get thru the dugaan given her positive outlook on life...
The thing is after talking to her this morning I started to think about my friends and how our lives turned out...alhamdulillah some of us are happy, in good health and spreading their wings high. But for some life is not that smooth along the way. I have friends who are now single moms, struggling thru life to make ends meet. I have friends who are kind hearted,great personality and pretty but still single. I have friends who have to go thru the headache of their love ones having another affair after years of happy marriage. I have friends who have lost, loved and broken hearted.
It's amusing that somehow as we grew older our lives dah jadi macam drama minggu ini. I myself never imagine that I would lost my beloved mom so soon. Those scenes from some movies tiba tiba jadi reality in our world, within our families and friends. So we can say that the disclaimer "cerita ini adalah rekaan semata mata" mungkin tak 100% betul huh!
But then again, despite having said all this, me and I know my friends out there still counts their blessings coz these are great and strong women.Despite what they went thru, they still brings cheers to those around them, they still smile and they continue to rule the world! My friends, you know who you are.Carpe Diem, seize the day and Live Life! I just feel so blessed that I am your friend.


2 comments:
you wanna know something funny?? i woke up this morning thinking it's been a while since we spoke / communicated!... i log onto your blog & i see this posting on friends.
hope you & that beautiful family of yours is doing well, my friend. the 'angels' of murphy miss you dearly & cant wait till we all meet again!! :-)
take care, you....
- your partner in crime...sham
Friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they are there.
Post a Comment