Thursday, 5 June 2008

Long hot summer days...

After 2 weeks of acting as the tuition teacher to Nadia and syafiq (actually more of a garang & nagging guru besar!)I can finally breathe freely now that their exams are over. Yahoo!!Yay!!Yea!

If only they knew how lazy I was during my school days..sometimes I do feel that being parents you tend to tell little white lies to your children (or it is juz me?) hoping to instill in them some good values. Such as....

a) Mama dulu kalau exam, mesti dah ready awal awal...bukan last minute mcm u all ni (last minute is my fav thing till my univ days!)

b) Dulu mak mama tak payah pun leter kat mama suruh study...I know when I have to study.. .(yeah..rite!)

c) mama dulu tak pernah dapat marks teruk....mostly As je. (Biggest lie ever!)

Gosh, typing these I can really feel my cheeks getting very warm....hope they will not read this till they graduate!

On another note, It is also the start of their long summer holidays. They are actually having 4 months off!! The new term will starts only on October 11th, 2008. Now when I think of 120 days of hot summer days in Riyadh...I'm sweating. At least with them at school, with home works and sum studying to be done, they keep me on my toes. But now with 24hrs x 120 days nak buat apa ye....

most of our frens are going back for hols in msia. For us our fate is yet unknown as hubby is so tied up with work and we just went back last march. I'm praying and hoping that by some sort of miracle we can at least spend one month in Msia instead of spending the whole summer hols in the desert.

One thing for sure I know I have to 'berebut' laptop with the kids as their main activities at home besides watching cartoons, PS2 & PSP is surfing the internet. Mcm kat cyber cafe pulak! Anyway, here's to summer days in Riyadh!!

5 comments:

Fadhil Isma said...

Salam Noor,

Reading about your white lies made me chuckle, hehe..

I'm also a firm disciple of the `study last-minute' school of execellence! That's why I leave the teaching part of my sons to the wife. Call me a coward... tapi memang I takleh jadi contoh baik dlm teknik pembelajaran. I studied just to pass, hahaha..

Anonymous said...

hahah.. white lies.

i cerita kat anak sedara cerita lagi brutal. nak pergi sekolah naik rakit harung sungai bergadai nyawai dengan buaya, masuk hutan etc

Nurie said...

Riza, at least i citer kat my kids how susah payah I gi sekolah naik public bus!! Takde la bergadai nyawa dgn buaya! You r hilarious!! No wonder they look up on you! heh..heh...

OS,I studied for the fun of it!! Tu blum kluar citer how I luv not to turn up for classes (rather lepak kat High street!)esp. masa kat sheffield!!!

elisataufik said...

wehhh datang lah jalan2 ke khobar or bahrain...
compound I ada swimming pool, bolehlah anak2 kita pergi terjun..

Anonymous said...

sham,
i can attest to "last min" work during univ days..kaulah kawan ku buat and hantar assignment lambat!! kah kah..take care!

raz

 
Designed by Lena