Actually I have been suffering from tooth ache since like 4 months ago. But as the pain was not excruciating, I tot I could tahan until we go back to Msia. Biasa la kan...more comfortable with the dentist u r familiar with... *sebenarnya takut!*heh..he...*
But alas, I couldnt tahan anymore and we also found out that our insurance card covers part dental expenses, where we to pay 20% of the treatment cost, so we braved ourselves to visit the dentist...
The system is weird here. First, u have to do the x ray. Then you see the specialist Dentist. She will analyse your problem and tell u what u need to do. However, before the treatment, you have to see the the hygienist first for scaling where u have to make another appt. THEN only u go back to the specialist dentist for treatment. Luckily my pain is still bearable and it goes on and off. Imagine if I'm in real pain yg tak bole tido malam tu....mcm mana nak tahan another week!
Managed to secure the hygienist appt one week after. It was a HORRIBLE experience for me coz it was the most painful cleaning I ever experience! The hygienist (local lady doc) was so rough (i have sensitive gums mind you..) and gotta admit that few times , there were tears in my eyes coz she was like scraping my teeth like nobody 's buz! I did tell her it's painful, but she just ignored them. Geramnya!!! #%@!!@#&^#!!
She did my bottom teeth first and I already planned to tell her that for my upper teeth we will do it next time coz I have another appt coz i cant wait to run back home! Fortunately as she already spent 1 hr to 'scrub' my teeth she said to come again for another appt to complete the scaling. I almost jumped for joy! "You crazy doc, I dun want ever to see your face again!"
I kid you not that for 3 days I could not eat properly coz my gums hurts!
Kat msia buat scaling takde la rasa sakit mcm nak tercabut gigi..... The next few days I was contemplating to complete the cleaning or not but well I have gotten tis far and the pain is still there, so we decided to change the hygienist. They give me a korean doc the 2nd time and oh how lovely , gentle and friendly she was.... LEGA. I am so glad that my ordeal with the hygenist is finally over yday. Please note that my 2nd appt with the hygenist was already in week 3.
Wanna know the cost???? Well...
The scaling of my bottom teeth ONLY - SAR620.
For scaling mu upper teeth ONLY 0- SAR500
Total = SAR1120 for scaling only.
There u go, kat sini tak payah jadik dentist pun takpa, jadik hygienist pun dah boleh kaya :-)
Day after tomorrow, I'm gonna visit the specialist dentist again for my long awaited treatment. She said I have to do 5 fillings. On average, one filling cost SAR 500 -700 here. So u do the maths!
Wish me luck. Form my first encounter with her, the specialist seemed nice n friendly. I hope she's gentle too. Most probably I will request for anesthetic cant afford to take the risk!
A friend said if u need to do like root canal treatment here, u can buy a house back home in Msia! I think that might be true .heh..heh......
Moral of the stroy - Rajin rajin lah jaga lah gigi anda!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Huyyooooo!!
I memang tunggu balik malaysia baru jumpa dentist. Satu family jumpa dentist and tampal beberapa batang gigi dalam beberapa mulut dan cabut satu gigi set us back around RM300 aje.
*prays that i dont get a toothache here*
p.s. Have you met Han?
wondering if all m'sian women teeth really bad??....J
Elisa,
Who is Han? from msia ke , kat Saudi nih?
Yes, han is from malaysia (I think lah.. kalau tak, from singapore.) SHe commented on my blog once that she is (or going to be) in Riyadh.
Post a Comment