Friday, 28 January 2011

Food for thoughts

When Im in the mood of  NOT cooking which happens quite often, I like to go on food blog hopping. Konon nya nak get inspiration of new recipes to try. But usually it will end up either with me asking hubby to bring us out for dinner coz I feel hugry after looking at those yummy pics or I got "uninspired" becoz there are just too many steps to make a chicken pie and ordered McDonalds....

Pictures from MamaFaMi's Spice n Splendour

It really AMAZED me how they can manage to blog almost daily on the dishes they cooked with pictures that make you drool shamelessly. I would read with awe that they woke up like 5am to cook special murtabak ayam or hot potato bread  for their kids to bring to school. If its me, its a rotation of sandwiches, more sandwiches, nuggets, potato wedges and occasionally maggie goreng! tsk..tsk..tsk..

When I read thru their blog, I imagine the steps are something like this...
  • Cook
  • Wash and tidy kitchen
  • find your nicest plates for photo shot
  • garnished and decorate the dish
  • take out your slr camera
  • take picture or pictures
  • edit picture
  • upload picture in laptop/pc
  • write down recipes in blog, step by step
  • upload pic in blog
  • asnwers all those comments people ask about the recipes
Phew, just writing those steps, already makes me dizzy! I salute you all lah, for painstakingly creating your food blog be it at fotopages, blogspot or wordpress for the pleasure of readers like me. *standing Ovation*

5 comments:

Lee said...

Hello Nurie, well spoken. Outstanding!
I too on and off pop into my blogger friend's blog sniff out what's cooking and get their permission to copy their food creations or delights.
And yes, I guess they have a love for baking and cooking.

And there is nothing more spectacular on this Earth than that of a lovely mother, or wife in the act of cooking for her loved ones.

You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart.
Best regards,
Lee.

Fadhil Isma said...

Now that you've mentioned it, the food or recipe blogs are amongst the most well-kept and decent-looking blogs out there. These bloggers have dedication way above mine...

Nurie said...

Hi Lee!
Always lovely to see you here :-) I guess for us the kaki makan people checking out pictures of food pun sudah 'kenyang' heh heh heh....

Nurie said...

Hi there old friend!
Yep, ur rite..their blogs are usually so well organised and updated regularly, so different from mine!
I think our commitments are more to eating than cooking or blogging! lol!

Anonymous said...

I often wonder about the same thing too coz most of the time, I get tired just reading the recipe. Or worst, cook and then, if it didn't turn out well, put in the disposable container and sorok in the fridge until some weeks later, someone (Rita-housekeeper) finds a container of the perfect mould culture and throw it all out. Heh heh heh

 
Designed by Lena