Saturday, 6 March 2010

February 2010

I bet if this blog is a furniture, sure dah bersawang teruk! It has been a month since my last posting. Well, Im back to 'dust' the empty spaces...

4th Feb
We got a pet cat!!! Accidental pet that is! ..and a Persian one too!

Our apartment is really small and having a cat in riyadh never came across my mind. But on that fateful nite, we saw "nemo' outside a pet shop looking so pityful and sick, we decided to take him in... at first we agreed that our friend che na will take care of him for us as they live in a villa and already has 2 cats and we will sponsor his needs. heh heh..mcm dekat zoo pulak! Then one weekend, we took him home coz the kids have been begging us to do so, and all of us just fell in luv with him. The rest is history...Nemo is now officially our cat and stay with us 24/7. Tho we had to sacrifice one toilet for him, its worth it! Seeing Nemo sleeping besides me as Im typing this is just pure joy...


9th Feb
We were off to Istanbul with our family friend che na and zainal for 8 days!! It was superb, one of the best vacation ever and Istanbul is such a BEAUTIFUL city. Doesn't matter where you turn to snap a picture, the outcome is always surreal. Istanbul is one of the city that I don't mind visiting again...the people are friendly and good looking too! heh heh....

This time, hubby had the chance to use his new D90 camera..so it was click click here and there and we have to wait patiently for him when he tried to capture every angle! Nasib baik la ada my 3 kids kids nak jadi models! I do luv all the pictures...gotta admit hubby may have a natural talent in photography :-)






Another out of the world experience was when we visited the ski resort in Uludag, Bursa which was about 4 hours drive from Istanbul. The kids and the parents had a blast in the snow. Puas semua orang berguling guling dalam snow...my kids actually held out their tougues to taste the snow drops! At last my kids' wishes to play in the snow came true...alhamdulillah....




Im not sure when I will blog about our trip to Istanbul tho I would love to...coz Im quite bad at sharing travel stories. How I wish Im like those globe trekker host on the Travel channel babbling naturally about their trips! Even our trip to Gold Coast last year pun tak masuk posting lagi! *blush*


18th Feb
I had my tooth pulled out! Oucchh! On my last 2 days in Istanbul, I suddenly felt a sharp pang in my tooth. It has been years since I last had a tooth ache and it was quite bad. I had to take painkillers every day. Luckily the pain struck me at the ending of our vacation...Once we arrived in riyadh, I went to see the dentist and its nerve wrecking. Never overcome the fear of visiting the dentist since I was a little girl! The x ray showed that I had a wisdom tooth on the upper left side and it is poking my last tooth. As the tooth was already in a decayed condition, the dentist had to pull it out. hu..hu.. Now I pray that my wisdom tooth will come out nicely and will not cause me anymore visit to the dentist!

23rd Feb
We went to Al Khobar (4 hours drive from Riyadh)to relax at the beach and to eat at the Malaysian Kitchen restaurant! The timing was good as that day we had to send our fridge for repair and no fridge means no cooking at home! Puas hati makan kat Malaysian Kitchen sampai 3 kali! We had mee kung fu, keowteow goreng, ABC, nasi paprik etc etc etc...
It was wonderful to be able to relax at the beach while watching the kids enjoying themselves playing and swimming at the beach.(on a full tummy!)



25th Feb-28 Feb
Demam, flu, batuk etc....first it was me. Then it was hubby...syukurlah the kids were ok. I guess it was the change of weather coz it was freezing in istanbul and when we came back to riyadh it was already warm. Sand storm were frequent too and we were caught in quite a bad sand storm on our way back from Khobar. Alhamdulillah all of us dah sihat now. At least I think I lost 2 kgs after I came back from our vacation. Yay! owever, by now the house dah macam kapal pecah!

March 2010
Life is back to normal. Life is more merrier at home with Nemo. Hubby had a good rest after his 3 weeks leave. We already bought our balik raya tickets for this year!Yay again!! ..and it is something that we really look forward to as this will be the first time we will be celebrating eid in malaysia after 3 years in Riyadh.

Normal also means Im still battling with my laundry madness... Im back at this space and Im back on the domestic treadmill. ..and I count my blessings for all that.

4 comments:

Fadhil Isma said...

Those pics of Istanbul are great. Looking forward to your story about the trip. Don't worry, take your time.

But make sure you finish the laundry first :-)

Nurie said...

ha..ha..the thing is I rather write continuously for one week and totally forget about the laundy :-))

Anonymous said...

Salam sis, I chanced upon your blog when i googled for uludag. May I know how u got there from istanbul? or were u on tour? email me pls. unoeme@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!
Marrissa

Nurie said...

Hi Marrissa,

Check you email :-)

 
Designed by Lena