Although we are not the type of family who celebrate mother's day religiously or expressive in our feelings, on occasions we do bring her out for dinner. Now I wish I celebrated mother's day every year with her. I feel so terkilan that now I don't have the chance to really show her how much I love and appreciate her. I feel so terkilan that there are so many things that I wanted to share with her, to buy her things and to take her for umrah and vacation and all that just remains plans....
The thing is when we were younger, I guess it doesn't really occur to you how much your mom means to you....but as years go by, we became mom ourselves and we reflect back to our days with our moms and the appreciation and love grows and grows coz now we know how much they sacrificed for us, how much they put up with us...that is why I feel so sad today coz now when I'm no longer shy to say directly I love you mom, she can't hear me...
I'm lost for words to show my gratitude for what she has done to us, for always being there, for loving us unconditionally... I do hope even though I could not show her my appreciation in this world, Allah will hear my prayers for my mother.
“Wahai Tuhanku! Cucurilah rahmat kepada kedua ibu bapa ku sebagaimana mereka telah mencurahkan kasih sayangnya memelihara dan mendidikku semasa kecil.” [al-Isra’ 17:24]

In loving memory of my mother, Salmah bt Yahaya. At my home in Bagan Jermal, Butterworth. Taken a week before I moved to Riyadh, march 2007. That was the last time I hug her in person.
Mak,I miss you so much...


4 comments:
*hugs*
Don't know what else to say.
I'll sedekah Al-fatihah to her.
thank you elisa *hug*
Sham...*hugs*...
How sweet of you Noor - remebering ur mom in the most special way.
Post a Comment