Time flies huh…just one week to go before Hari Raya. Rasa macam baru je puasa… of course at times like this rasa nak citer pasal raya je….(dah dlm mood raya la katakan walaupun kat sini tak meriah mcm di msia) Kalau kat opis, time ni semua orang memang dah takde mood nak keje, asyik borak pasal kuih raya, baju raya and gaduh nak balik kampung siapa!
Kat sini kemeriahan nak sambut Hari Raya tak terasa coz maybe we dun go for the usual raya shopping and we do not hear those Hari Raya sing along songs at the shopping malls! That reminds me I want to download those classic raya songs *baru semangat nak buat kuih raya*
Kalau di KL mana nak sah raya kalau tak bershopping di Jalan TAR masa bulan puasa. Tho you have to walk among hundreds of people, drained in sweat and suffering from thirst, berebut rebut nak tengok tudung etc…its all those that makes u feel like yeah….Raya is coming!! (which men like my hubby never understand why we like to endure all that just to get a scarf or a packet of serunding!)
My friend Has, would unanimously agree with me coz she is my shopping partner when it come to Jln TAR. shopping sessions. Be it rain or shine we can get “lost” like 3-4 hours browsing for things in Jalan TAR. Best thing is when both of us miraculously get our “cuti” at almost the same time. Masa tu paling best shopping anywhere esp. at those bazar Ramadan/Raya . Usually what we did was to buy some kuihs and drinks at the bazar. Then we would sneaked back to our car at the car park and eat! It was fun all rite-Thrill gitu! Then after we freshen up we continue our shopping feeling energetic as ever!
Anyway, back to Riyadh, although it’s a quiet event here, they do put up decoration lights on the highway and some malls do have extra tents for traders. Amazingly some of stalls are selling mercun bunga api and pop!pop! Other stalls sell rempah(??) , veils and some knick knacks from China. But unfortunately no Syawal delicacies. I wonder what do the arabs eat for raya… .
I have not checked but I do hope the boys' baju melayu and Nadia’s baju kurung still fit them (brought them from Msia). I also plan to bake some Raya cookies in 2 days time. (have to wait for Saturday when Hubby is off to buy the stuff) I borrowed some msians magazines and found some good recipes for raya cookies which the kids are excited to do. *my kitchen helpers aka tukang sibuk* One thing tho, I have not seen acuan biskut raya here , kalau tak jumpa then most of the cookies will just be round or squares and in paper cups! I'm hoping better luck on the cookies coz during ramadan my cooking skills is so teruk. I failed miserably! I tried a few traditional kuihs like bingka tepung beras and kuih keria (which seemed so easy to make) and they end up in the trash. After that I just gave up making kuih traditional…..better stick to karipap or popia!
At the moment we do not have any raya plans, just to cook the usual raya dishes like rendang, kurma daging and nasi himpit (syukur still ada 2 packets). Some of us plan to go to the Msian embassy as they have makan makan there. There’s also a group of msian friends who just moved to a new building. (I named the place kampoung melayu) There are about 14 families living there. Maybe we will crash their houses…. Last week when we had our buka puasa at their building (on the roof top – its so lovely with the cool weather now) , they already played lagu raya…..oh syahdunya………Seemed like it’s the best place to spend your raya coz at least you feel you are surrounded by families, they are a lot of kids too so my kids will have a blast. After all almost all those yang terrer masak are staying there, so guaranteed of good food! heh..heh..heh.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
i could sense your missing of the Malaysian Hari Raya....asyik citer in Malay only when you started. Anyway, have a good raya! I pun beraya in rantau orang this year....he he just for the record!
Post a Comment