Day two of ramadan today. Alhamdulilah both Nadia and Syafiq managed to fast full days. Their greatest challenge has yet to come as only tomorrow they will start school after the weekend break. Although the weather is a little bit cooler now it is still tiring to be in the hot sun...Fortunately their school starts at 9am so after sahur they can still continue their sleep...
I do hope Syafiq can hold on as this is the first year he is fasting full day. Past years we let him fast for half day only coz he is so so skinny and he will whine and whine about "I must eat" and ate he did! Which is unusual coz on normal days, it was a struggle to let him eat!
Nadia alhamdulilah, she's already a 'pro' at fasting :-)
These past 2 days, our buka puasa is as simple as can be. One becoz hubby is working on afternoon shift so there's only me and the kids. I made agar agar marble yesterday, thank god it turned out fine! Minum air oren and just rice and ayam masak merah.
Sigh.......how I miss the kemeriahan bulan puasa in Msia! not that I'm a great fan of the ever famous bazar Ramadan but it's just that the way we msians with Ramadan.....and also the convenience of having the choice of not to cook on your lazy days. (usually on most days!)
Ahh...all the kuihs, lauk pauk, murtabak, air yg berbagai bagai rasa......most of all I miss buying kuihs at this makcik's gerai in menjalara. Her goreng pisang is the best ever! During ramadan, she will sell more variety of kuihs. After work, I will just make a quick turn to her gerai and buy kuih lopes for hubby and Nadia(Its strange but they go nuts over kuih lopes during ramadan) some karipap, seri muka, goreng pisang etc etc....(mengikut naluri nafsu pada hari itu!)
I seldom go to the TTDI ramadan bazar coz it's too crowded and pening nak pilih wat you wanna buy coz they are so many stalls and so many people! My usual stop overs were gerai makcik or Uncle's Rahim shop (bihun sup daging sedapppp!!!!) in menjalara. Paling jauh in Sri Damansara where I usually bumped into my frens Han and Has dengan tangan yg penuh beg plastics! *Nostalgic betul teringat citer camni malam nih......*
I also miss the terawih....bila buat terawih kat masjid then U feel that your puasa is more complete... here ladies are not encourage to go for prayers at the mosque. Nadia luvs going for terawih coz she enjoyed the moreh(food) after the prayers!
Puasa this year in Riyadh is different alright.....it's actually a very quiet event. During the day, most of the saudis stayed in their home. Most of shops are also closed till after asar. Only after terawih prayers, the streets are busy.
hu..hu....sure miss kemeriahan ramadan back home....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
kan kan kan???
my only solace is that I am learning to make new kuihs on my own.
Tunggulah raya nanti.. kalau tak ada melayu jemput pegi rumah, memang tak meriah lansung!
eh this weekend is a 4-day weekend. CikAbang kerja ke? Takde plan nak turun khobar?
Post a Comment