Thursday, 19 July 2007

How do u like your egg?

When hubby bought these eggs I tot to myself did he buy chicken eggs or duck eggs??? Turned out to be most of the eggs here are white. I dun like em coz the shell is really thin....and somehow I felt it tasted different. My kids and hubby said it's the taste is the same like any ordinary eggs, after all how different can an egg taste??

From what I gathered from the conversation that took place masa gatherings, kat sini eggs seemed like an essential commodity for msian homes. It serves as main food for kids and hubby. For breakfast telur goreng scramble or mata kerbau. For kids to bring to school- egg sandwich and at nite when the wife is too tire(or malas!) to cook, its nasi putih and telur goreng with kicap. Those yg rajin sket, it's nasi and telur goreng sweet and sour sauce.

Here, they dun have gred A or B eggs, semua sama je. Its either white or brown! Neither do they have omega eggs, or eggs with extra vitamins, no cholestrol and all those craps! Back home I never like those 'healthy" eggs anyway. One, the egg yolk has a funny color and off course I feel the taste is different. I alwiz prefer the good old fashion eggs from the farm!

Mom

2 comments:

elisataufik said...

my kids pun pelik the first time they saw white eggs.
Tapi they like it alot, because whenever I make omelettes, I poke a hole and drain out the eggs (instead of pecahkan the whole thing) and wash the shells out and they can draw on the eggs! :D
Satu lagi aktiviti untuk waktu2 boring.. :)

Anonymous said...

So everything is egg based huh...food and activities. Just dont pecahkan the wrong egg ok.

 
Designed by Lena