Today we had makan makan event again. Im not complaining just amazed that we have makan makan event happening almost every other week. Within 2.5 months, we have been to at least 4 makan makan events and that does not include those that we didn’t go coz hubby has to work.
Its amazing that here I see more food variety than in Msia. Macam macam ada! Satay, kuah kacang and even laksa penang! All home made!.As for dessert, where can I start! Its kinda like those dessert table u c at high teas! Cheese cake, chocolate cake, all sort of pudding and jelly and not forgetting kuih traditional like seri muka, kuih talam etc etc…all the cangih canggih types. Gosh these ladies really terrer la! At one event, someone actually bring in the ice kacang machine (small one) and the kids had a good time making ABC!
In a way it good coz we get to know each other to exchange recipes, check out which kedai selling serai or lengkuas and the kids can play and have fun. Its ironic coz here we attend more gatherings that we had with our family back home where mostly it ties to someone’s birthday or some celebration. Here people do makan makan just to get together and it’s like a pot luck session so the host never have to worry that the food is not enuff. Usually it’s too much!
I do have to upgrade my cooking skills fast coz if there is another makan makan what can I bring!!! So far popia is my escapade! Cepat dah senang!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Cool! So now u can share your recipes with me yea..I'm beginning to cook la! Starting to collect recipes all...hehe...Vans is supplying me with what she has collected when she was in the office dulu! :-)
ha ha, kelakar la you. how come we never get to try your popiah? i am salivating here!
Post a Comment