Why do we say chicken breast when chicken does not have breast?
I googled it and and this question was actually put up by someone in the net.One person explained that originally, the word "breast" referred to the whole chest, that is to say the front of the body. So that's why we are stuck with chicken breast.
What do you think? Can you imagine if we call it chicken chest instead?


5 comments:
Hehehe...chicken chest? kelakarlah
Once a male college mate told this to us friends: "I like chicken breast, and all other breasts."
Terbeliak mata kitorang mendengarnya!
You bila nak balik Msia?
hey it's me again.
Bila tukar nama blog ni? Rasanya dulu lain.
Salam.
Hi Chahya!
Kwn u tu kelakar horror lah! heh heh....
I did changed my blog name- dulu Nurie (my father's pet name for me) one day tgh browsing I saw these words and tot it would be a nice name for my blog :-)
Observant la you!
Insyallah sampai Msia July 1st. Cuti for 5 wks je.Perhap u, me and oldstock can meet up-tat would be really nice.
Ehem... tersedak kejap. Rupanya ada orang sebut nama kita :-)
Ye la.. why not chicken chest? Breasts are meant for suckling and only mammals have them, not birds. Camne you boleh terpikir pasal benda ni, Noor? I don't have the answer and can't think of a logical one either.
But I do have a story relating to this subject. Well actually, it's not my story but something I read somewhere (a magazine article perhaps) years ago.
There is this young man who graduated from Maktab Perguruan and was posted to the town of Kota Bahru in Kelantan. Being a non-local, he initially found it difficult to understand the Kelantanese dialect. But he picked it up soon enough.
He also developed a liking for the local food among which was ayam percik. After work, he would frequent this stall in town that is run by a pretty young lady. This young woman has fair skin and shapely figure... and a janda muda too. Senang cerita, memang Cik Mek Molek lah!And so he became a regular customer.
One evening the teacher goes to the stall to buy some ayam percik.
The young lady asks, `Cikgu nak bahagian mana hari ni? Nak dada (breast) ke nak peha (thigh)?'
The teacher was unsure. `Tak pasti pulok. Dua-dua nampak sedap.'
The janda muda smiles sweetly and says, `Kalau cikgu senang, maghi la ke rumoh male ni. Cikgu nak dada buleh, peha pun buleh.'
Si Cikgu pun terkedu kejap... heheheh ;-)
It would be great if we can meet up when you come home for the holidays. Just let me know beforehand when you're free so that I can schedule a trip to KL.
LOL!!!
memang you a pro in sharing cerita macam nih! heh heh..
Insyallah will try to find the time to meet you guys!
Actually more than often I do have qustions like these on my mind-tah la kenapa, saja nak bagi serabut otak kot!
Post a Comment